Are you drinking enough water?
You should be drinking about half your body weight in ounces of water each day. ( Your body weight x 0.5 ounces = Daily water intake.)
Don’t panic!! Water doesn’t have to be boring! You can easily jazz up water by adding some frozen fruit (or fresh if you prefer) and some mint or basil leaves.
Quick Tips for Hydration:
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Consider carrying a reusable water bottle and filling it from the tap rather than purchasing bottled water, which is expensive and creates plastic bottle waste.
- If you’re going to be exercising, make sure you drink water before, during and after your workout.
- Start and end your day with a glass of water.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. The sensation of thirst is often confused with hunger. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water. Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight loss plan, as some research suggests drinking water will help you feel full.
- Drink on a schedule if you have trouble remembering to drink water. For example, drink water when you wake up; at breakfast, lunch and dinner; and when you go to bed. Or drink a small glass of water at the top of each hour.
- Drink water when you go to a restaurant. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it’s free!